“The Lord’s Prayer [Matthew 6:9-13] was not intended to be repeated merely as a form, but it is an illustration of what our prayers should be—simple, earnest, and comprehensive. In a simple petition tell the Lord your needs and express gratitude for His mercies. Thus you invite Jesus as a welcome guest into your home and heart.” Child Guidance p. 524.
Your own prayer life will grow stronger as you take this two-month adventure.
Praying Like Jesus Sermon Series – Jan-Feb 2015
- January 3 “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name” Matthew 6:9 – Jacob, Lois & Danesa Serns
- (January 7-10 Ten Days of Prayer – 7pm Nightly at Richardson SDA & livestreamed)
- January 10 Club Ministries Sabbath – Jerrod Songy
- January 17 “Your Kingdom Come, Your Will Be Done…” Matthew 6:10 – Dan Serns
- January 24 “Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread” Matthew 6:11 – Dan Serns
- January 31 “Forgive Us Our Debts” Matthew 6:12 – Curtis Elcock
- February 7 “Do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one” Matthew 6:13 – Eric Louw
- February 14 “For Yours is the kingdom…” Matthew 6:13 – Dan Serns
- February 21 Religious Liberty Weekend
- February 28 Jesus prayed for you! John 17 – Dan Serns
Praying Like Jesus Study Resources
Bible Bookmark Reading Plan
For best results, P.R.A.I.S.E.!
- Pray, asking God for wisdom
- Read the Bible passage for the day
- Apply the Bible passage to your life
- Interact with a Bible Study Group
- Share something good with someone
- Encourage others to join the journey
Start or Join a Group
Why not invite friends & family to join you on this journey? Pick a regular place & time each week to share what you are learning. Matthew 18:20. You’ll love it!
Additional Recommendations for Praying Like Jesus
Books by Ellen G. White (found at www.egwwritings.org)- Prayer; Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings; Steps to Christ; The Desire of Ages
Pathfinder Honors (found at www.pathfindersonline.org/honors/index) – Prayer (& Advanced & Oshkosh Version); Adventurer for Christ (& Advanced).
All events are open to the public and free of charge at 1201 W. Belt Line Road, Richardson, Texas. Feel free to invite a friend to join you!